Dale Keenan: MASD; BEd; Dip T (Bus); Dip Training & Assessment; Dip Bus (Front Line Management)
I have completed a Master's degree in Spiritual Direction from the Melbourne University of Divinity, and the Arrupe Program for training Givers of the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius.
- Embedded within this qualification is three units in Supervision of Spiritual Directors
- I am especially interested in expanding opportunities for lay people to uncover the jewels of Ignatian Spirituality, in particular to find ways to make the Spiritual Exercises available to the domestic church.
- Emerging technologies, such as Skype and the World Wide Web have made this possible, and I have taken many through the 35 week retreat using Skype to conduct spiritual direction sessions. This has proved very successful, and allowed many people who live in remote areas to undertake the Spiritual Exercises in Daily Life.
- I am a long standing member of Christian Life Community an international lay community inspired by Ignatian Spirituality. I currently guide a group which meets on the Gold Coast.
- I am a member of Companions in the Ministry of Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius and am currently a committee member of that organisation.
- I have recently been appointed as the Director of the Spiritual Direction Formation Program at the St Francis Theological College in Brisbane.